Wednesday, October 29, 2008

City Mayor’s Response to Flash Floods

After my numerous complaints to City Hall for a dialogue with the residents to find a permanent solution to the recurring flash floods in various areas of Segambut, this morning City Mayor Dato’ Hakim b. Borhan brought an entourage comprising of his officials and the media to visit Taman Segambut Bahagia (TSB), one of the affected area.

By not informing me, let alone inviting me, to join him at the visit this morning, Dato’ Hakim has clearly shown that he has no regard for Member of Parliament. Must he be reminded that the 10 Pakatan Rakyat MPs in KL are elected by the people whereas he is appointed to be a civil servant?

I was told that he made 2 announcements at TSB, first is to build 5 floods prevention dams at Segambut flood-prone areas in 3 months and, second is to give RM300 each to 173 families in TSB.

I welcome the dam projects. I will definitely follow closely its completion date which is in 3 months from now.

I do not understand why Dato’ Hakim only benefiting 173 families in TSB, what about the rest of the victims in Segambut Dalam, Segambut Pusat, Taman Sri Segambut, Taman Kok Doh and Taman City Timur? I will pursue the matter vigorously.


Lim Lip Eng

1 comment:

KongKor said...

Yes YB, I agree that you keep on mounting the pressure. Monitor his progress, his every movement and if need be, exposed his misdeeds to the people.

Afterall, the mayor is just a civil SERVANT. Make no mistake about that.